Thursday, April 23, 2020

Before Ramadan begins.

Bismillah.

Back in my degree years, before I started my internship program, I attended a meeting which involved lecturers from my faculty who are mostly high in position themselves. I didn't really recall (pardon me, I just normally don't remember those thing) their exact position but all I could remember they are all seniors with great experiences as educators. (Major respect!) I sat next to one of my Physics lecturer. Across the table was a Pakistani representative who represented an engineering company who was offering places for internship.

He represented us about their company. He even mentioned about the Pakistan. The moment he said 'Pakistan' I was all eager and wanted to know further about it. I was young and set to embark my internship journey, if possible, to abroad! Haha. The lecturer who sat next to me asked "aren't you afraid?". I remembered I said "no" confidently. As I recalled the moment, I think I didn't think before I spoke what I just said. Hahaha *facepalm.

"Aren't you afraid?"

That question kept replaying in my mind. What was I thinking when I answered my lecturer? Honestly, I didn't think anything dangerous. I just think this could be the next adventure I am going to embark on and I am ready to any possibilities, to something new, something foreign.

I didn't think about any circumstances back then. I just think if we have good intention about it, in shaa Allah everything will be ok.

Frankly speaking, the word 'carpe diem' becomes my all time favorite word or I can say a principle that I put close into my heart. Carpe diem: where you just go by the flow, seizing every second moments you have in life. I think that what makes me want to try whatever life has to offer. I am ready for it. I am always looking for it. (The young and wild Izzaty speaking.)

Normally, I don't really map out any detailed itinerary and stick to it for any places I'm going to visit to. I prefer a spontaneous one. It was always the best and thrilling one! You gotta expect the unexpected. It always stamped the great experience(s)!

"It is He who made the earth tame for you - so walk among its slopes and eat of His provision - and to Him is the resurrection." (Al-Mulk:15)

This verse makes me want to discover, explore and learn about His creation even more!


Another honest statement from me, I attracted to discover war countries. I've always wondered how it looks like in reality. I wanting to see and witness it with my own two eyes. I know it is going to be intense. May Allah make it ease for me one day! Ameen.

My recent travelling was to Phnom Penh back in February. I wanted to write about it based on my personal reflection. I'm surely it's going to be a lengthy one which deserved its own post alone. (I can't promise to write it in any time soon maybe when I feel like to but maybe it's not going to happen. Sorry.) But all I could say, it was worth to see a country which survived the bad episode in history and still keep moving forward to keep living. That spirit earns my major respect and makes me feel huge thankful and tremendous grateful with what has been given for me and my generation. It was the toughest era. All we can do is to learn from it. Look back, and re-learn from our own history so that we won't take things for granted ever again.

Allahu akbar.
May we become the generation among the seeker of His vast knowledge and always choose humility to be loved by Him.

Ameen!

For that I end my writing by wishing you Ramadan Mubarak! It is surely a different one but always a remarkable and blessed month.

Yours truly,
IR.

No comments: