Sunday, May 19, 2019

O Lord, I am back to You!

It's always been shocking to receive news about someone's death. It could be very unexpected. The least you expected about it, it just happened and make you realize how short the life really is. It could be to anyone and at anytime! Innalillahi wa innailaihi rojiun; Indeed we belong to Allah and indeed to Him we shall return. (al-Baqarah: 156)

We never know when it is our turn. We can't expect it. Death is confirm. Every soul shall taste death. It is for sure. I am pretty scared because I have no idea on how my life going to end. I am hopeful to be granted a good death by Him. One day, I came across a book of Prayer of the Pious by Omar Suleiman which written a du'ā of Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him):

"O Allah, let the best of my lifetime be its ending, and my best deed be that which I seal (my life with), and the best of my days the Day I meet You."

Indeed, it is beautiful du'ā, isn't it? This is an admirable way for all of us to call upon Allah s.w.t to make it to be our best day of our life. I am so impressed with how Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with Him) was blessed with an exquisite ending which was blessed to die on the same day of the week and at the same age that the Prophet (peace be upon Him) passed away. The other du'ā that I found beautiful too is the du'ā asking Allah s.w.t for a good ending, death after Fajr. It is written like this:

"O Allah! Make my last deed in this life the performance of Fajr prayer."

This particular du'ā was made due to asking for that last ending would be the one that sealed by the last deed in state that is most beloved to Him, at a time that is most beloved to Him and in a state of humility that is beloved to Him.

We will return to our Lord, eventually. It's the matter of time. It could be any time that has appointed for us. We will be back to our Lord! There's time I feel excited about it but scared at the same time as I may not know if I was well prepared enough to embark on to the next journey, next life; where the beginning of everything takes place! It's important for us to prepare ourselves, to do our best. I've always ask Allah s.w.t to grant my family and I a good death and I am very hopeful to be taken back when He pleased with us.

May we be granted a beautiful ending just like the pious predecessors, the Salaf. Ameen!

No comments: